Flesh-eating bug kills woman in sex-game injury tragedy

A 24-year-old woman from England was killed by the rare flesh-eating disease necrotizing fasciitis after she injured her wrist during a sex game.


NSFW    What the Freak?

BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND — A care assistant was killed by a rare flesh-eating disease that developed after she was injured during a sex game.

Mother-of-one Katie Widdowson, 24, hurt her left wrist when she was tied up by her boyfriend Dean Smith during some New Year's Eve bedroom frolics.

The next day, Katie went to the Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield to get checked out. Doctors told her she had a sprained wrist and sent her home with some painkillers.

But Katie was in fact suffering from the deadly bacterial infection necrotizing fasciitis, the Telegraph reported.

Katie later sent her boyfriend a photo of her wrist, saying she couldn't move it and was in a lot of pain.

The next day she developed burn marks on her arm. An ambulance was called but it was too late. Katie had a heart attack on the way to the hospital and never recovered.

A coroner told an inquest into Katie's death that her death was avoidable. She should have been kept in hospital when she first reported her symptoms and then undergone major surgery.

Katie's family now plans to sue the hospital for negligence.
Toxic blue-green algae in ponds and lakes could make you really sick

Facebook Conversation