Woman mistakes wasabi for avo, develops broken heart syndrome

A woman in Israel developed broken heart syndrome after eating a ton of wasabi that she thought was avocado.

    2019/09/26

NSFW    ISRAEL — A lady in Israel has become the first woman to ever get broken heart syndrome from food, after her guacamole dreams were dashed by its evil twin.

According to a report in BMJ Case Reports, the whole thing started at a wedding, when a woman in her late 60s spotted what she thought was avocado dip. Boy was she wrong.

After the lady downed a sizeable amount of the green thing, she realized — pretty quickly —that it was wasabi. Immediately after, she felt a sudden pressure in her chest that then radiated to her arms.

She ended up staying at the wedding, and the pain eventually began to die down.

The next day, though, the poor woman felt weak and uncomfortable, and went to see a doctor, who diagnosed him with broken heart syndrome.

Also known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, broken heart syndrome sees severe weakening of the heart's left ventricle after a stressful event. The ventricle takes on the shape of a Japanese octopus-trapping pot, which is where the condition gets its name.

It's typically triggered by extreme emotional or physical stress, like the death of a pet or loved one. There have also been cases where it's been linked to anaphylaxis or a severe allergic reaction, but this is the first time food consumption has spurred it on.

Or you know, maybe she was just THAT distraught over the avocado.
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Drone drops contraband at Ohio county jail

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE