What are the symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis?

An Indianapolis woman died after her necrotizing fasciitis was misdiagnosed.


NSFW    INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA — An Indianapolis woman died two months after contracting necrotizing fasciitis while on vacation in Florida.

This disease is commonly known as flesh-eating bacteria.
According to Tech Times, 50-year-old Carol Martin was misdiagnosed by doctors twice.

It wasn't until her third visit to the hospital, after her condition had become serious, did physicians realize it was flesh-eating bacteria.
According the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention, necrotizing fasciitis is a serious bacterial infection that spreads quickly and kills the body's soft tissue.
People with flesh-eating bacteria usually begin to display symptoms within a couple of hours after an injury.
Symptoms may seem like another injury or illness. Some people complain of a pulled muscle like pain or soreness.

The skin may also get warm and form red or purplish areas of inflammation that rapidly spread.

Later symptoms can include fever, chills, fatigue and vomiting.

If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.
MH370 pilot deliberately crashed plane, say aviation experts

Facebook Conversation