Teen drowns after hair clogs up the shower drain in freak accident

Michael Rapp said his daughter had a thyroid problem and took medication for it, although he's uncertain if his daughter had slipped and fell or just blacked out.

    2018/06/11

NSFW    BUTLER, PENNSYLVANIA — A Pennsylvania family is in mourning their teen daughter after she died in what is said to be a freak accident while taking a shower.

CBS-affiliate KDKA reported that when Michael Rapp got a phone call early the morning of June 1st, his ex-wife informed him of the shocking news of their daughter Brianne's passing.

In an interview with KDKA, Rapp said Brianne was in the shower, getting ready for school while his ex-wife was still asleep.

Rapp said Brianne, who was later found by his ex-wife, probably blacked out in the bathtub and fell and hit her head, at which point her hair must have clogged the drain and caused the tub to overflow, consequently drowning her.

Rapp added that his daughter had a thyroid problem and took medication for it, although he's uncertain if Brianne had slipped and fell or just blacked out.

The coroner did not immediately release the official cause of Brianne's death.

Rapp went on to say that he will miss his daughter's smile, her great personality, and how she wanted the best out of life. He added that he and his ex-wife are proud to have raised a daughter that people had great things to say about.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family finance their funeral expenses, and in just six days, more than the targeted amount was raised. The family added that any money left over would be placed in a college trust fund for Brianne's brother and sister, in her memory.
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Crocodile exacts revenge on dog that teased it for 10 years

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE