Stacks of Coronavirus urns cast doubt on official Wuhan death toll
Images surfacing online of stacks of urns and long queues at funeral homes cast doubt over the official Wuhan death toll.
WUHAN, CHINA — As China's regime pushes a narrative of how Xi Jinping is winning the war on the Coronavirus, and that Wuhan only suffered a very questionable 2,548 deaths, images surfacing online of stacks of urns and long queues at funeral homes cast doubt over their dubious claims.
According to Bloomberg, the families of those who succumbed to the virus in Wuhan were allowed to collect their cremated ashes at numerous funeral homes last week, and as they did, photos began to circulate online that show thousands of urns being shipped in.
According to Chinese media outlet Caixin, outside one funeral home, trucks delivered around 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday.
Another picture showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside; that one funeral home alone already exceeds the official number of those dead.
Residents in Wuhan claim 500 urns have been handed out to grieving families every day from seven separate funeral homes all serving the city.
This means the ashes of 3,500 people are distributed every 24 hours.
The funeral homes in Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang have told grieving families that they will receive the ashes before April 5th, the date of the Qing Ming festival where people tend the graves of their ancestors.
This means that 42,000 urns could be distributed in that 12-day period.
On the 27th March, one Wuhan resident going only by his surname Zhang told Radio Free Asia, "It can't be right because the incinerators have been working round-the-clock, so how can so few people have died?"
Another local resident, Chen Yaohui told RFA that nobody believes the official death toll, saying "they transferred cremation workers from around China to Wuhan to keep cremating bodies round-the-clock."
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
How the coronavirus infects and damages the human body