Python devours a whole dog, gets trapped in fence a fence, then dies

A massive snake in Nigeria was found dead after a bulge in its body from a recent meal got lodged in between some iron rods.

    2016/12/20

NSFW    Aww! Animals!

WARRI, NIGERIA — Karma came swiftly for one voracious python, who got screwed over by his dinner and ended up dying for it.

Naij.com reports that after gorging itself on a whole canine, the six-foot-long reptile tried to slither out of a grassy lot in Warri, Nigeria. But halfway through, its doggie bump got wedged in between two iron rods and just wouldn’t budge.

With no way to squeeze itself out, the snake reportedly remained in the tight spot for several hours, and was dead by the time a local man discovered it.

Shocked at seeing such a huge animal, the man called a few more people to inspect slithers and make sure it had gone to serpent heaven.

The men freed the python and cut its stomach open to reveal the doggie dinner. They then built a fire and promptly burned the snake.

Photos of the snake were uploaded on Facebook back in July, but only recently went viral after being picked up by a number of news outlets.
Pythons are nonvenomous and typically kills its prey using constriction. FACEBOOK / HON JOHNBULL CLEOPAS
Pythons are nonvenomous and typically kills its prey using constriction. FACEBOOK / HON JOHNBULL CLEOPAS
Hon Johnbull Cleopas posted several photos of the snake on his Facebook profile, relieved and thankful that he found it already dead. FACEBOOK / HON JOHNBULL CLEOPAS
Hon Johnbull Cleopas posted several photos of the snake on his Facebook profile, relieved and thankful that he found it already dead. FACEBOOK / HON JOHNBULL CLEOPAS
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Astronomers predict a giant sun is going to wipe out all life on Earth

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE