Patient severely burned when surgical laser ignites fart during operation
The investigating committee took six months to determine that the patient’s fart had indeed caused the blaze. It’s almost like they simply couldn’t believe it.
TOKYO — Have you ever wondered if farts are flammable? Well they are, as one Tokyo surgery patient reportedly found out the hard way back in April.
According to The Straits Times, the patient was receiving a surgical procedure on her cervix at Tokyo’s Medical University Hospital.
That procedure reportedly involved a laser. When the patient’s ass exhaled, the gas from the fart connected with the irradiation of the laser and ignited.
This resulted in a back-end blowout that set the place ablaze. The resulting fart-induced fire left the woman with severe burns to her waist, legs and most of her body.
Farts, believe it or not, are flammable. PIXABAY
The fart-induced blaze took place inside Tokyo Medical University Hospital. TOKYO MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
This giant vacuum cleaner sucks up toxic particles to purify air