Passenger whose body odor caused emergency landing dies

The necrosis eventually spread to his kidneys, heart, and lungs. He passed away on June 25.

    2018/07/02

NSFW    SPAIN — A man's body odor that was so bad it forced a plane to make an emergency landing appears to have been suffering from necrosis and has passed away.

According to Dutch media De Telegraaf, on May 29, the 58-year-old Russian guitarist was on a Transavia Airlines flight from Spain to the Netherlands.

He smelled so bad other passengers became nauseous and some began to faint. The flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Portugal and the man was booted.

Turns out the smell was caused from an untreated case of necrosis.

Necrosis causes body tissue to die after being starved of oxygen. It can be caused by injury, infection, frostbite, and deep vein thrombosis. It can only be treated with surgery.

Suchilin was eventually treated in Spain and was given antibiotics with doctors telling him he had an "ordinary beach infection."

Unfortunately it wasn't an ordinary infection.

The necrosis eventually spread to his kidneys, heart, and lungs. He passed away on June 25.

Transavia Airlines issued a statement assuring there was no risk of infection.
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Diamond dust in space may be emitting microwave light

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE