Two-year-old Jayvin Cruz gave his family a fright as he fell from a window of the family’s three-story apartment in Lower East Side, New York on Wednesday. But the death-defying kid remained unharmed and only suffered minor injuries.
At around 1:30 a.m., the toddler finished his late-night snack. The father was sleeping nearby, while the mother was busy cleaning up after little Jayvin spilt some potato chips on the floor.
The child stumbled to the living room window, which does not have a safety guard. He then lost his balance and fell.
The tot first fell upon the wire-and-wood roof of a garbage storage bin before landing on a sidewalk, which lessened the impact.
Alarmed by the loud bang and wailing, passers-by ran to the aid of the kid.
Jayvin’s grandmother said the landlord had not installed any window guards, but officials said installing such fixtures should be a shared responsibility between landlords and tenants.