FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A man in California learned the hard way that there are way less destructive methods to purge your house of eight-legged crawlers.
The Fresno Bee reports that the man had been house sitting his parents' Fresno house when he discovered venomous black widow spiders on the brick exterior.
Instead of going with bug spray, Einstein got a blowtorch to exterminate the arachnids, but ended up setting the house on fire too.
According to the Fresno Fire Department, the flames penetrated through a small crack in the bricks and lit up the flammable material inside, which then shot fire straight up to the attic.
Twenty-nine firefighters thankfully managed to contain the blaze, but the inferno still dropped $10,000 worth of damage to the attic and second storey. Ouch.