Man dead after falling into acid tank

A 54-year-old man passes away in a tragic industrial accident.


NSFW    SOUTH LYON, MICHIGAN — A 54-year-old man has passed away after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid in Michigan, according to The Oakland Press.

The incident reportedly took place on Saturday at Michigan Seamless Tube. The company uses sulfuric acid with temperatures of up to 160 degrees for manufacturing.

The man ended up falling into the tank of sulfuric acid while at work. However, it's not clear how it happened, the Detroit Free Press reports. He is said to be have been pulled out of the tank by his co-workers and immediately washed off, according to WWJ News Radio.

The 54-four-year old was rushed by ambulance to the University of Michigan Hospital. Unfortunately, the man didn't make it.

South Lyon Police Chief Chris Sovik told WWJ News Radio, quote "We don't believe there was any foul play or criminal matter to investigate."

The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration or MIOSHA, will conduct their own investigation of what happened, taking over from the police.

The company also released a statement describing the event as "a very serious industrial accident." They plan to conduct an internal investigation while working with MIOSHA.
Third of Himalayas doomed to melt

Facebook Conversation