Indian restaurant found to have moldy food and a bug in mayo
An Indian restaurant in Ruthin, Wales was found to be home to moldy lamb chops, moldy cheese, moldy red peppers and a tub of mayonnaise with an insect inside.
RUTHIN, UNITED KINGDOM — An Indian restaurant in Ruthin, Wales was found to be home to moldy lamb chops, moldy cheese, moldy red peppers and a tub of mayonnaise with an insect inside. The restaurant, which had been inspected before, tried to fool its customers by flipping its zero-rating hygiene sticker upside down, to give the impression it had a top mark of five.
Magistrates were told by Julia Longworth, prosecuting for the local council that, "significant improvement was required."
The owner of the restaurant, 41-year-old Mohammed Chowdhury was fined a total of £1,260. He admitted to seven offenses of failing to comply with food hygiene regulations and his chef, now unemployed, Hanna Ali pleaded guilty to five food hygiene offenses and was also fined.
Court chairwoman Ann Dickinson said, "We found the photographs of the kitchen quite shocking."
In the owner's defense, the court heard that Mr. Chowdhury hadn't spent enough time at the restaurant to make the necessary improvements from previous inspections because he also worked at Manchester airport.
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Villagers in India flee after being terrorized by army of monkeys