Factory worker sustains fatal burns to body

A 24-year-old factory worker in Chinese sustains burns to 98.5% of his body.

    2018/09/14

NSFW    CHINA — A post from a father mourning the death of his 24-year-old son, who suffered horrific burns at the Guangdong Xinhui Meida Nylon factory where he worked, went viral over Chinese social media a few weeks ago, reports Apple Daily.

The man claims his son was asked to check an extraction tower without any protection when chemical water spurt from the tower, resulting in his son suffering chemical burns on 98.5% of his body. A warning system in place was reportedly faulty at the time.

The father accused the factory for negligence, as they allegedly held meetings for an hour before they decided to send the young man to the hospital.

He also accused the company, in an attempt to save money, of sending his son to a hospital where his injuries were incorrectly treated as if they were burns obtained from exposure to mere hot water.

It wasn't until the family insisted the young man be transferred to another hospital, after days of the treatment not working, did the company apparently admit the injuries were actually chemical burns, and not the result of hot water alone. By then it was too late.

Unfortunately, the 24-year-old passed away after 55 days due to a combination of ailments, including a lung infection and hypernatremia."

And although his father's post went viral, it has since been deleted from Chinese social media.
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Amazon patent shows employees in cage on top of a robot

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE