Electrocuted man returns from the dead after 20 minutes

A 20-year-old man who was electrocuted and showed no signs of life came back to life after being rushed to the hospital.

    2019/06/28

NSFW    Defying Death

LIVONIA, MICHIGAN — 20-year-old Michael Pruitt was helping his step-dad at work when he had his life zapped from him after he touched a live wire with a ladder.

In a press release from Beaumont Hospital, Pruitt said, "I remember being electrocuted while holding that ladder and shaking, and then nothing." He was immediately... overcooked.

According to Fox26, the homeowner called 911 and started CPR. Livonia firefighters were there within four minutes and continued with CPR and tried a shock with the defibrillator while taking him to Beaumont Hospital in Farmington Hills.

By the time he arrived, he had no signs of life but Dr. Angel Chudler wasn't discouraged.

In the press release, she said, "they brought in this perfect young man who had no vital signs. I said to my team, 'We're bringing him back.' And then, I said to him, 'You better come back!'"

They shocked his heart but to no avail. Dr. Chudler then got super serious and turned up the defibrillator to eleven, jolted him again and shockingly, two minutes later: heartbeats.

Clinical nurse Yasmeen Bachir said, "When he became conscious again, he was like the Hulk, grabbing the railings and shaking the bed with huge strength. It took the entire care team to hold Michael."

Pruitt's big toes were burned from the inside where the high voltage electricity exited his body. They're now bandaged and healing.

Pruitt joked, "when my folks ask me to take out the garbage now, I've been trying to use my painful big toes as an excuse not to do it,"
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
Hubble space telescope spots 'electric soccer balls' in space

Facebook Conversation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE