KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI — A woman from Kansas City got the shock of her life when doctors informed her that a poisonous spider was living in her ear.
Susie Torres told 41 Action News that she heard "swooshing" water sounds in her left ear when she woke up in the morning last week.
As the sound wasn't going away, she decided to pay a visit to the hospital. A medical assistant first checked her ear and immediately ran out the door.
She returned with a few other medical personnel and told Susie that there was a spider in her ear. More specifically, it was a venomous brown recluse spider.
Susie was shocked. She told the news channel that she never knew spiders would crawl into someone's ear or any other part of the body.
The doctors then used their tools and pulled the spider out of the woman's ear. Luckily for Suzie, the doctors told her the poisonous spider hadn't bitten her.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a brown recluses' venom is able to destroy a person's skin tissue and can cause severe bruises.
Suzie said she isn't taking any chances and is now putting cotton balls in her ear before going to bed.