Aussie woman finds deadly tiger snake decorating her Christmas tree
A Melbourne woman was in shock after discovering a deadly tiger snake coiled around her Christmas tree one morning.
FRANKSTON, AUSTRALIA — Not even the holidays are safe from Mother Nature in Australia, as one woman realized after she found a slithery surprise waiting in her Christmas tree.
In a Facebook post by professional snake catcher Barry Goldsmith that has since gone viral, a one-meter long reptile was retrieved from Frankston, Melbourne residence, where it was peacefully nesting in the home’s Christmas tree.
The homeowner, a woman named Cheryl, spotted the deadly new Christmas decor one morning, which turned out to be a venomous tiger snake.
Notorious for their potentially fatal bites, tiger snakes are one of the most dangerous snakes in Australia, and are common during the summer.
Despite probably knowing all of this, the woman calmly holed herself up in a room before sending a photo of her guest to Goldsmith.
Twenty minutes later, the tiger snake was in a bag, and Christmas was back to normal.
Goldsmith said the snake was eventually released back into the bush, far from humans and other Christmas trees.
Netizens were confused as to how a live snake could get itself onto a plastic Christmas tree, to which Goldsmith replied that the reptile most likely slithered in through an open door.
Barry Goldsmith advises people who come across venomous types like the tiger snake to just step away and not make any sudden movements, so as not to scare or agitate the snake further. FACEBOOK / SNAKE CATCHER VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
Goldsmith told CNN that though he’s encountered tiger snakes in unusual places, this is the first he’s seen of one up in a Christmas tree. FACEBOOK / SNAKE CATCHER VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
NEXT ON TOMONEWS
29 dead, dozens injured in Mexico fireworks market explosion